Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Nov 10, 2010, 04:49 PM   #1
GanChan
macrumors 6502

A piece of my iBook just came off

I was adding RAM to my G4 iBook, and as I was putting the keyboard back into place that tiny round clear-plastic thing in the center keyboard tab fell out. What is that thing, anyway? Is it worth glueing it back in? It just looks like a pointless speck of clear plastic
GanChan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2010, 07:23 PM   #2
FourCandles
macrumors 6502a

If you mean the piece of clear plastic between F5 and F6, it has two functions: (a) the keyboard lock (prevents the keyboard being opened by the two tabs between esc and F1 and F11 and F12), and (b) the cover for the num lock indicator LED.
FourCandles is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2010, 07:56 PM   #3
GanChan
macrumors 6502

Thanks. It doesn't matter now, I guess, because when I tried to reinsert it the plastic piece went flying and is now lost somewhere in the unfathomable depths of my carpet. So unless I want to buy a whole new keyboard (which I don't), I guess I'll just have to struggle on without it....
GanChan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs