Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Oct 9, 2012, 02:44 AM   #1
Tech198
macrumors 68040

Gaming

Do people prefer gaming on their iPad, as apposed to gaming on their Mac (if Mac versions are available) ? or do they prefer the "other side" for gaming instead ?

While the iPad has many good games... Most of my iPad 3 is taken up with games, while those few left, are apps, most of the games eg from the days of the Amiga to those on the PC, like Street Fighter IV. Also taken into account other things that are by-passed on the ipad app of those games like (eg.. needing to activate an EA game or regular internet checks for sake of checking eligibility, to the controls, and graphics (most being in a available HD for the iPad), I'd prefer these games any day over their equivalent computer version, this includes playing on Mac.

Any one feel the same ? or do people prefer using dedicated computer for gaming ?

Thats just me, coz its easer than firing up a Mac, just to play something i already have on iPad.

And at purchase, i'd prefer the app any day too.

"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

Last edited by Tech198; Oct 9, 2012 at 02:54 AM.
Tech198 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 02:55 AM   #2
Macman45
macrumors G5

I'm pretty much a retro part-time gamer these days, I bought a couple of the classics for my iMac...Bioshock, Quake, and Doom, but I do have a lot more games on my iPad than on my Macs.

I like it because the Ipad is great to use at night and I have a pretty full games folder there...My MBA has no games at all installed, and my MBP just has a couple of little "Time wasters" Pool etc.

The ipad is great for gaming, and I can stream to a 37" TV in my bedroom. I have never once even considered the Bootcamp option for gaming at all.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 03:10 AM   #3
Taustin Powers
macrumors regular

I have a bunch of time wasters on my iPad for plane / train rides, but the only real gaming gets done on a PS3.
Taustin Powers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 03:21 AM   #4
Menneisyys2
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech198 View Post
Do people prefer gaming on their iPad, as apposed to gaming on their Mac (if Mac versions are available) ? or do they prefer the "other side" for gaming instead ?
I prefer gaming on my iPad 3:

- it has a much superior screen compared to my late 2009 17" MBP

- I can play anywhere; for example, while having a lunch. Ideal for quick multiplayer games like Spectromancer.
Menneisyys2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:52 PM   #5
dancj
macrumors regular

Since I got my iPad I've barely touched my computer for gaming. The appeal of not having to leave my comfy seat in the living room is too great.
dancj is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps