Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grimmeh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
This is the first time I’ve tried using my built-in iSight since the 10.6.5 update, and on any site I’ve tried it, it doesn’t show USB Video Class Video, the correct option, as a selectable option. Nor is DV Video and option. Only Built-In iSight, and two “Google” cams, none of which work. Actually, on Tinychat, Built-In iSight works for the thumbnail for picking the cam option, but won't work once selected. But that’s always been the case; the proper option won’t show as a thumb but works fine once selected. I hope I’m making sense.

Any solutions? Adobe says I'm running version 10,1,102,64.

Update: It seem either uninstalling Google’s video and audio adapters </Library/Application Support/Google/GoogleVoiceandVideoUninstaller.app> or installing a beta version of Flash <http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=12569059&#12569059> solves the issue.

Last edited:

Grimmeh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
That’s not it for me

I’ve been using only Safari. I did have a Flash Preview build (“Square”) but I’m pretty certain I’ve reinstalled the release version…I might try reinstalling Flash. If it weren’t for webcam support and some YouTube videos with ads (and embedded videos), Flash would be long gone from my system.

Grimmeh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
Got it!

After uninstalling it and reinstalling it, as well as deleted all of Google’s “adapters,” I tried it, and it works. Now only Built-In iSight is an option, but it now works just dandy. I should have tried this before posting…I’m such a waste. :D

paulpeer

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2010
After uninstalling it and reinstalling it, as well as deleted all of Google’s “adapters,” I tried it, and it works. Now only Built-In iSight is an option, but it now works just dandy. I should have tried this before posting…I’m such a waste. :D

I have the same problem. Flash not detecting USB Video since upgrade to 10.6.5. Uninstalling and reinstalling Flash doesn't help either. So where are those Google "adapters" that I might have to uninstall?

Thanks!

paulpeer

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2010
I have the same problem. Flash not detecting USB Video since upgrade to 10.6.5. Uninstalling and reinstalling Flash doesn't help either. So where are those Google "adapters" that I might have to uninstall?

Thanks!

I found them, and deleting them solved the problem. Thanks for the hints!!!

madam3181

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2010

Thank you. However could you please explain the Google "adapters". I've never heard of them and cannot find them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.