Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Nov 12, 2010, 04:12 PM   #1
simplydat
macrumors member

Any tweak/app to lock screen during call? **Solved** Must read!

Ok, we all know iphone 4's proximity sensor sucks and only work half of the time and for half of the people...even with ios 4.1, and 4.2 GM, the problem seems still exist among most of the iphone 4 users. Let's forget exchanging the phones and work with what we have.

From what I have gathered, most people including myself still accidentally mutes/ends calls.

Does anybody know a teak/app that allows you to lock the screen during a call by pressing the power/sleep button without ending the call altogether on the normal built-in mic? (If you have bluetooth headset connected, a 3.5mm headphone connected, or on speaker, you will be able to lock the phone without ending the call)

I'm surprised a simple tweak like that hasn't been made yet, is there anybody interested in developing a tweak like that? I for one will pay up to $5 for it.

---------------------------------------------------
*Solved*: An tweak on cydia named "calllock" has just been released and is available for only $0.99. It allows you to lock the screen during a call with the power/sleep button without ending the actual call.

I just bought mine, it works beautifully.. I urge those of you with who is on the same boat as me to get get the app ASAP!

Last edited by simplydat; Dec 3, 2010 at 03:21 PM. Reason: App has been made!
simplydat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2010, 03:18 PM   #2
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplydat View Post
Ok, we all know iphone 4's proximity sensor sucks and only work half of the time and for half of the people...even with ios 4.1, and 4.2 GM, the problem seems still exist among most of the iphone 4 users. Let's forget exchanging the phones and work with what we have.

From what I have gathered, most people including myself still accidentally mutes/ends calls.

Does anybody know a teak/app that allows you to lock the screen during a call by pressing the power/sleep button without ending the call altogether on the normal built-in mic? (If you have bluetooth headset connected, a 3.5mm headphone connected, or on speaker, you will be able to lock the phone without ending the call)

I'm surprised a simple tweak like that hasn't been made yet, is there anybody interested in developing a tweak like that? I for one will pay up to $5 for it.
Answer and hit the lock button while you're bringing it up to your ear? I use headphones for 95% of my calls, so I don't know, but should work.
Interstella5555 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2010, 08:37 PM   #3
sg01
macrumors newbie

Call Guard is the app that I use. I downloaded it for free... now it's 99 cents.

Works as it should.
sg01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2010, 08:44 PM   #4
Mlrollin91
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interstella5555 View Post
Answer and hit the lock button while you're bringing it up to your ear? I use headphones for 95% of my calls, so I don't know, but should work.
Ends the call when doing that.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 03:05 PM   #5
simplydat
macrumors member

"calllock" does the trick.

"calllock" was just released... it does the trick.
simplydat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2010, 03:52 PM   #6
mateen110
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplydat View Post
"calllock" was just released... it does the trick.
Yes it does...No more proximity issues! I love it!
mateen110 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks