Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhaserFuzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I have an iPhone 4 and I'm getting an iPad for Christmas. What are the best iPad apps that are not on the iPhone 4?

Cancelled
Mar 19, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I have an iPhone 4 and I'm getting an iPad for Christmas. What are the best iPad apps that are not on the iPhone 4?

Think of some app that you'd like on the iPad and Google it and see if there's such an app :). Some apps I'll be buying/downloading include Twitterific (free), iWork ($9.99/£5.99 Pages/Keynote/Numbers each), TeamViewer HD (Remote connection to Windows/Mac via iPad) (free for personal non-commercial use) and some others you're probably not interested in or heard of, including Colloquy IRC client (£1.19/$1.99), etc. Sometimes you have to Google to find interesting productivity apps for iPad as they sometimes have app names like there's one app called Gusto and I found it via Googling for different productivity apps on iPad.

XboxEvolved

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2004
When I purchase the iPad 2 next year my first buy is def going to be Sketchbook Pro, Marvel Comics, and DC comics apps.

Jxo177

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2010
Not really iPad only but the espn sports center app is beautiful on the iPad and quite useful. You can track your favorite teams accross all sports and all divisions! It creates a personalized feed for only your teams. I have Been playing with the friendly facebook app but I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

ArcAngel66

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2009
My favorite lately is [app]iDJ[/app]
If that link doesn't work, it's iDJ in the app store. Made by Numark.

Was coming to post this. Really cool App. Creates a sweet mix at the tap of a finger.

Just wish you didn't have to manually add songs. Edit: Found a quick way to add all the songs of my library. Not too bad now.

Last edited:

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Was coming to post this. Really cool App. Creates a sweet mix at the tap of a finger.

Just wish you didn't have to manually add songs. Edit: Found a quick way to add all the songs of my library. Not too bad now.

Would LOVE to know how you do this as that is my single frustration up to now with this app.

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
Although these apps have iPhone counterparts these are the iPad only versions that must be purchased seperately:

Pocket Informant HD
Todo for iPad
Omnifocus
Brushes
Scrabble
Notebooks

These apps are iPad specific and do not have iPhone counterparts that I am aware of:

ABC Player
Daily Notes
Numbers
Pages
Keynote
iDraw
Corkulous

These apps are designed for iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch. These apps will load an iPad specific version to the iPad and an iPhone version to the iPhone/iPod touch.

PocketMoney
Kindle

ArcAngel66

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2009
Would LOVE to know how you do this as that is my single frustration up to now with this app.

Well, I personally have all of my songs in folders with the artists/bands name. Since you can only upload actual song files, and not folders, this would've taken ages to go through each one.

So in iTunes just highlight your entire library and copy. Then on your desktop (or wherever), make a new folder and paste your entire library into it.

Then from the File Sharing section for iDJ, you can highlight every song in that folder and import all of them at once.

Note: It'll take iDJ quite a while to analyze all of your songs.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Thanks for the update! I was able to add about 800 songs in a few minutes using this method and left iDJ open and processing. Took the app a little over two hours though to get the songs enhanced and added.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
My favorites:

Weather Station. Nothing fancy, just a throw-back to the traditional weather station display without the maps, etc.

Nook

WebEx

Angry Birds. There's a iPhone version, of course, but it's more fun (IMO) on the iPad.

ABC Player

Osmos HD

gnychis

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2009
scrabble for the ipad is truly amazing... well worth it for playing online with people or for playing in the same room with someone. feels almost like a full board

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
EveryGame. It is a application that allows you to use and create boardgames. It doesn't contain any AI for automated players but is a replacement for tokens, cards, dice, boards, etc. Creating games is easy.

Although EveryGame is a universal app, it is really only useful on an iPad.

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
I'm not sure if it's a UK only app or not, but the Times' Eureka 'Science of Sport' interactive magazine is a brilliant app, especially for the price (£59p-$.99c).
The initial download is huge(500mb), but that's because all of the content is stored locally.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.