Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkplanets

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
I'm currently in the process of making a small site, but let's be honest I'm not a web developer, and would rather not spend inordinate amounts of time on it. I have some split up images for CSS, and was wondering if there's a program for graphically placing these images and having the resulting CSS be generated.

If it all possible I'd really rather not go through and create each layer and positioning myself, but in terms of scaling is it possible/feasible to scale an image and then anchor it to a relative page position?

Example would be my top "banner" being scaled at 60% for window size X anchored to the top left of the window. Can I do this with a program, or do I need to do this manually?

Thanks!

SatyMahajan

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2009
Cambridge, MA
I'm currently in the process of making a small site, but let's be honest I'm not a web developer, and would rather not spend inordinate amounts of time on it. I have some split up images for CSS, and was wondering if there's a program for graphically placing these images and having the resulting CSS be generated.

If it all possible I'd really rather not go through and create each layer and positioning myself, but in terms of scaling is it possible/feasible to scale an image and then anchor it to a relative page position?

Example would be my top "banner" being scaled at 60% for window size X anchored to the top left of the window. Can I do this with a program, or do I need to do this manually?

Thanks!

You can accomplish this somewhat in Dreamweaver (CS3 and later). But the results will not be as good as doing it by hand. CSS doesn't really lend itself to WYSIWYG editing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.