Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kmhebert

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
Hi, I have an iMac running OS X 10.4. I have been using Mac Mail on this machine for several years without incident. Recently, I am experiencing intermittent problems when replying to mail and also when creating new mail and adding an attachment. The Mail program freezes and the mouse cursor remains in the "spinning rainbow" state until I force quit. I have tried repairing permissions and Repair Disk using Disk Utility. I have also tried using the Preferential Treatment app.

When I boot in Safe Mode, the problem does not occur.

Has anyone experienced this problem and if so do you have a solution? Please let me know if I can provide any further information which may be of help. I am new to Mac Rumors Forums but have many years of Mac experience, this is the first time I have encountered this problem and a search of these forums and a Google search pointed to several things that I did try but did not solve my problem. Thanks very much for any assistance or advice you can provide.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.