Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:06 PM   #1
asdf212
macrumors member

Xbox 360 Controller not working with iMac? 'Blinking'

i Have a USB wired Xbox 360 controller plugged in to my mac. However, the computer does not seem to recognize it. The controller keeps blinking so I know its connected. I have both the GamePad companion and the 'Xbox 360 Controllers' -- installed in my system preferences. However I cant get the computer or any games to read it. Any suggestions?

Thanks
asdf212 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2010, 02:49 AM   #2
edddeduck
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf212 View Post
i Have a USB wired Xbox 360 controller plugged in to my mac. However, the computer does not seem to recognize it. The controller keeps blinking so I know its connected. I have both the GamePad companion and the 'Xbox 360 Controllers' -- installed in my system preferences. However I cant get the computer or any games to read it. Any suggestions?

Thanks
1.) GamePad Companion - This turns pad movement into keys to allow you to use a pad in a keyboard only game. This utility will usually break pad support in all standard pad supported games.

2.) XBox 360 Controllers - Do you mean this one? Tattiebogle is the only working drivers I know about for OS X and they can be very unstable at times and sometimes stop working. I would uninstall GamePad Companion and make sure you have the latest Tattiebogle drivers and try again.

Edwin
edddeduck is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games