Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
I have a friend who has the last version of the MBA with a 128 SSD he wants to go to a 256 and I found a 1.8" on NewEgg but I am not sure how easy/hard it would be or if it would even work correctly, and man are they expensive.

acron1

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2008
I have a friend who has the last version of the MBA with a 128 SSD he wants to go to a 256 and I found a 1.8" on NewEgg but I am not sure how easy/hard it would be or if it would even work correctly, and man are they expensive.

The SSDs in the new MBA are not available as of yet... furthermore if and when they become available the 256Mb models are currently thicker than the 128Mb versions, so no one knows yet if they will fit the 11.6" model. The one than you found on NewEgg will not fit the new MBA...

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
The SSDs in the new MBA are not available as of yet... furthermore if and when they become available the 256Mb models are currently thicker than the 128Mb versions, so no one knows yet if they will fit the 11.6" model. The one than you found on NewEgg will not fit the new MBA...

It sounds like he has the Rev C ("last version of the MacBook Air"). I think those did have standard 1.8" SSDs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.