Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Nov 18, 2010, 06:51 PM   #1
huhwhat?
macrumors newbie

Question Iphone 3G wifi chip replacement???

I have an iPhone 3G 8gig that I dropped in the pool. It comes on but the screen has a layer of dried chlorine on the inside making the screen really whitewashed. The battery life is also ruined. Everything else works fine, including the wifi.

I also have a 2nd gen iTouch 16gig that I dropped in water. It came out with the screen and battery in good shape. The only problem is the wifi doesn't work anymore.

Question: does anyone know where the "wifi chip" is in the 3G iphone so I could transfer it into the iTouch? I am quite tech savy, but it would help if someone could identify the correct component(s) for me with an explanation, pictures, etc. Thanks for your help.
huhwhat? is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2010, 06:53 PM   #2
Intell
macrumors P6

The WiFi chip is soldered and there is no way to replace it. And remember you cannot swap parts between and iPhone and an iPod Touch.
Last edited by Intell; Yesterday at 6:21 AM.
Intell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2010, 07:44 PM   #3
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

And stop dropping things in the pool...
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2010, 10:13 PM   #4
chargit
macrumors 6502a

it is not possible. nothing is the same between iPod's or iPhones. you cant even switch them between the 3g and the 3gs.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting