Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

linus2787

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
I have been using Home Sharing for the past month or so to get the music/video to my new Apple TV but it hasn't been working for the past few days, perhaps since I updated iTunes but I'm not sure.

I can use AirPlay to get audio to my ATV but not video.

Anyone else having the same problem?

ZGXtreme

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2008
Yes. The ATV2 will show as connected to my iTunes, but will not load any of the content.

iainthg

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2009
State Pen
Hi Linus, I am having the exact same problem. Prior to the ATV2 update all three of my macs were connected to the ATV. After the update my iMac vanished. I can still airplay to the ATV from the iMac but I can't "see" the iMac under COMPUTERS on the ATV. Have you found a resolution?

MikePA

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
...but I can't "see" the iMac under COMPUTERS on the ATV. Have you found a resolution?

Same thing happened to me. When I went into network, the ATV2 was not on my WiFi network and the ATV2 couldn't see any of my WiFi networks. I had to unplug the ATV2 for 30 seconds, plugged it back in and everything worked, e.g., my iMac showed under Computers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.