Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sgrubie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2010
I have been capturing DV successfully to Final Cut Express for several years, no problems. Yesterday, however, there were no audio tracks with the captured video. Same settings, same camera, same hardware, just no audio with the captured clips. The camera is set to record 48K and 16 bit, and I can hear the audio fine on the camera itself. I am using DV NTSC Easy Setup . . . also tried "Firewire Basic" but no difference. The sequence audio setting is 48K. Tried starting/restarting FCE with and without camera attached, no difference - simply won't capture audio.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

huntercr

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2006
I have been capturing DV successfully to Final Cut Express for several years, no problems. Yesterday, however, there were no audio tracks with the captured video. Same settings, same camera, same hardware, just no audio with the captured clips. The camera is set to record 48K and 16 bit, and I can hear the audio fine on the camera itself. I am using DV NTSC Easy Setup . . . also tried "Firewire Basic" but no difference. The sequence audio setting is 48K. Tried starting/restarting FCE with and without camera attached, no difference - simply won't capture audio.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Does capturing the audio work through iMovie on the same system?

Just trying to rule out any oddities about your system.

sgrubie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2010
Not sure if it is relevant

but in the system settings "scratch disc" tab, the audio capture check box is checked but grayed out - the other 3 check boxes (video capture, video render, and audio render) are checked but blue. Clicking on the grayed out audio capture box does nothing, clicking on the blue boxes gives the error message that "at least one scratch disc of each type must remain selected."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.