Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Philippe Lemay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2010
Thankfully, I was running most of my stuff off of an external hard drive, including iTunes and all of it's fluff.

My computer was a Windows XP PC running iTunes 10, the only other computer in the house is an old Mac that's on OS X 10.4, so it can't run anything above iTunes 9. It will probably be a while before I can get my own computer fixed/replaced, so I would like to sync to my sister's comp in the meantime.
I've plugged the drive into the Mac, and it does seem to see it (and the Library stored on it), but I don't know how to open up that Library. The "shift start" that usually allows you to select the Library file you just transfered over doesn't do anything. I'm not sure if it's because Macs use something other than Shift (all the last times I did it successfully I was on a PC), or if it's some sort of incompatibility between iTunes 9 and 10.

I would REALLY rather not do a complete resetting of my iPad, partly because of all my playlists and contacts and callender schedules, but also because I'm not sure if that would clear all of the Apps and Films and TV shows I've purchased. Any help in resolving this matter would be very appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.