Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wooz19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2010
So I just upgraded to a new iphone 4 and was told that my old 3G would essentially function as an ipod after deactivation. However, it seems as if the 3G has now slowed down to a crawl and barely responds to anything. It reports no service (obviously) and still recognizes my wireless, but otherwise takes forever to respond to anything. A hard reset didn't really change anything and I was wondering if there is something I'm missing. Do I need to physically remove the sim card? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

jpetticrew

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
Texas
So I just upgraded to a new iphone 4 and was told that my old 3G would essentially function as an ipod after deactivation. However, it seems as if the 3G has now slowed down to a crawl and barely responds to anything. It reports no service (obviously) and still recognizes my wireless, but otherwise takes forever to respond to anything. A hard reset didn't really change anything and I was wondering if there is something I'm missing. Do I need to physically remove the sim card? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I don't know how having a non-functioning SIM in there would affect anything, but it couldn't hurt to try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.