Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iluvifone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Have you noticed that if an unexpected person was able to get a hold of your phone, they could easily swap sim cards, call the iphone from another line, and browse your contacts and make additional calls while still on the lockscreen?

I fail to see how the ###-trick is worse than this one?

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Have you noticed that if an unexpected person was able to get a hold of your phone, they could easily swap sim cards, call the iphone from another line, and browse your contacts and make additional calls while still on the lockscreen?

I fail to see how the ###-trick is worse[/b[ than this one?

I don't know about worse, but it's a hell of a lot easier.

Rajani Isa

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2010
Rogue Valley, Oregon

I fail to see how the ###-trick is worse than this one?

Because the other trick at least requires they work at it.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
simple, is worse because is easier and you don't have to change SIMs. Also using the other person's number makes the call or txt trustworthy than from a random number... They could call for example "MOM" from the owner's # and tell her your son's been abducted for ransom or something like that to send the thief money for release or something less dramatic....

iluvifone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
simple, is worse because is easier and you don't have to change SIMs. Also using the other person's number makes the call or txt trustworthy than from a random number... They could call for example "MOM" from the owner's # and tell her your son's been abducted for ransom or something like that to send the thief money for release or something less dramatic....

oh ok gotcha.. i think the main reason is not needing to change the sim card, therefore more trustworthy, etc etc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.