Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ConverseNikki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2010
Help! A few days ago my Iphone 3G home button starts acting up, the next day it goes back to normal. The day after that I unplug it from the charger,I notice that its hot, put it in my pocket and take it to class. When I get to class, five minutes later, it's off completely not asleep like I thought. I try to turn it on but nothing happens. When I get back to my room and connect it nothing will pick it up. My computer or the electrical outlet. I try three different usb chords but nothing happens. After a couple of hours I try again and leave it there and after about half an hour the computer starts charging. When its fully charged I take it off the charger, put it in my pocket and walk to my car. When I get to my car and plug it in to the stereo, the phone has died and nothing turns it on, not even my car charger. When I went back to my room it took the computer several hours before it picked it up. Then the process starts all over again. I plug it in, it takes about 1 hour and a half to actually pick it up and say it has zero battery, then i leave it on for a couple more hours until it gets a full battery then unplug it and the battery dies in minutes or when I press the sleep button. I've tried everything, hard recovery, taking out the SIM card, reset the settings and nothing helps. Does anyone know how to fix this? :(

Last edited:

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I would try to restore as a new phone in iTunes

I can't tell if you did that or not ... (hard reset) :confused:

Your battery might be fried and will need replacing
$79 (?) from Apple.

Last edited:

ConverseNikki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2010
I would try to restore as a new phone in iTunes

I can't tell if you did that or not ... (hard reset) :confused:

Your battery might be fried and will need replacing
$79 (?) from Apple.

I'm not sure if its called that, its when I held the sleep and home button at the same time

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I'm not sure if its called that, its when I held the sleep and home button at the same time

That's different. Plug your phone into itunes. Then go to the tab on iTunes that opened the main page for your phone. Near the check for update there will be a restore button. That will erase everything on your phone and install a new fresh copy of the operating system. Do not restore your phone from a previous backup (when it gives you that option) because your problems might be caused from a corruption that got copied in a backup.

Best of luck

ConverseNikki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2010
That's different. Plug your phone into itunes. Then go to the tab on iTunes that opened the main page for your phone. Near the check for update there will be a restore button. That will erase everything on your phone and install a new fresh copy of the operating system. Do not restore your phone from a previous backup (when it gives you that option) because your problems might be caused from a corruption that got copied in a backup.

Best of luck

It won't let me. It keeps saying error 1645

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.