Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Nov 21, 2010, 02:32 AM   #1
DKant
macrumors newbie

Using the Apple DVI-Composite adapter with a PC

Hi folks,

I have an old PC that I have upgraded with a Radeon 4350 that I'd like to use as an HTPC. I have a Apple DVI-Composite adapter that fits into the DVI-I port in the 4350's back, but I have not been able to get XP to show anything on the TV. When the PC starts up, the BIOS flashes (very noisily) on the TV for a while, and then XP and ATI drivers start up and the TV goes plain, no-signal blue.

Has anyone got the Apple DVI-I to Composite adapter to work on a regular PC? Because this works perfectly fine on my Mac Mini. If it hasn't been done yet, is it some kind of hardware hack that Apple put into Macs to get them to like the adapters? Or is it a software trick that can be emulated on a Windows PC? I'm sure there HAS to be a way to get this working, I just have not been able to find many resources online that support this theory.

Btw, my TV only has a composite-in connection (it's an old CRT). And I couldn't get other kinds of hacks to work (like getting a DVI-component connector and plugging in only the green cable into composite or something like that - got very noisy results).

Help!
DKant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2010, 01:41 PM   #2
DKant
macrumors newbie

Bump.
DKant is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Tags
dvi-composite adapter, radeon 4350