Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Nov 22, 2010, 09:44 AM   #1
jrm27
macrumors 6502

My itunes wont play my songs?

Hi all,

Yesterday I transferred all my itunes library to an external hard drive. I had all my songs in itunes and then went to "preferences" and set itunes to look on my external hard drive for my itunes. Then I went to "library" and then "consolidate", and it moved all my library over to my external. I can verify that my songs are all there on my external

However, now, itunes won't play any songs of mine. I double click on the song in itunes and it just wont play. There's no error message, there's no exclamation point, it just won't play. Any idea what is goign on? Preferences still shows that my library is directing to the external.... Any help woudl be most appreciated.

Oh, and it seems that itunes is making my computer crash a lot. With itunes open, my computer has crashed about 5 times this morning. When itunes is closed, it hasn't crashed at all. Any idea what is going on with my itunes? Thanks!

-jon
Old Nov 22, 2010, 12:40 PM   #2
Knoodles
macrumors 6502

Select a song then right click on it and select Get Info. Under the Summary tab at the bottom where is iTunes looking for the song file?
Knoodles is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help