Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Nov 22, 2010, 01:38 PM   #1
diamornte
macrumors regular

"This content requires HDCP" error on Apple TV 4.1

Hi,
I am getting this error message when trying to play movies, music videos I bought off of iTunes: "This content requires HDCP for playback. HDCP isn't supported by your HDMI connection. This content requires HDCP for playback"

I just updated to 4.1/4.2 and it did not fix this problem as many other posters on the Apple support discussion boards suggested:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....t=285&tstart=0

Anyone else having this issue? My TV is a Sharp Aquos, bought in 2007, and the old Apple TV 1.0 hardware does not have this issue. I guess the only solution is to not use Apple TV at this point.

Last edited by diamornte; Nov 22, 2010 at 01:53 PM.
diamornte is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2010, 05:27 AM   #2
idan.net
macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem

New Apple Tv2 with iOs 4.1 (released on Nov 22nd), with ipad with iOs 4.2.
both connected via wireless. I'm trying to play a video from youtube over airplay (from ipad to TV) and get the error "this Content Requires HDCP for playback".

anyone? is there anything i can do to fix it?
idan.net is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:54 AM   #3
smemtae
macrumors newbie

Try this. It worked for me. With both the ATV and monitor turned on. Unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in.
smemtae is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater