|Nov 22, 2010, 05:37 PM||#1|
2010 15" i5 MPB freeze after lid close+open
I have a weird behavior with my MBP, that's only occurring every now and then, which makes it hard to diagnose what the cause of this is. At the moment, I'd just say it's occurring randomly.
This is how it occurs: I close the lid and walk away from the machine. I come back and open the lid and what I see is:
1. The screen is black and the keyboard backlight is off
2. The power LED is off (as it should be when the system is running)
3. Clicking the trackpad or pressing any keys doesn't bring it back on
4. If I close the lid again, the power LED is on all the time (instead of alternating on/off as it usually does when going to sleep)
5. The bottom of the machine is very hot (feels like over 120°F/50°C)
7. If I press down the power button until the machine goes off, I can restart it and everything looks normal (a couple of times, though, my clock/date were reset to Jan 1. 2001 12:00AM I think, and my desktop icons were scrambled).
I use no peripherals and no fan control or other tweaking software (besides iStat Dashboard Widget, but that shouldn't be the cause). My system is up-to-date.
I also had an issue with the MBP not responding to the power button at all. When it did start after several tries to turn it on, it was very slow and the fans were running at 6000 rpm. I found the symptoms to be just like described on this Apple Support page which proposed an SMC reset, which indeed solved the problem. This occurred twice so far in June and September.
Anyone recognizing the symptoms? Or any ideas what this might be related to?
|2010 mbp, close lid, freeze, sleep|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|iMac 2010 freezes after sleep||pcw||iMac||4||Sep 7, 2011 07:41 PM|
|VPN drop after lid close but not lid open sleep||dp.ucsd||MacBook Air||7||Aug 24, 2011 11:42 AM|
|MBP 2010 15" i5 Freezing/Start Up Issues||scwhite520||MacBook Pro||2||Feb 12, 2011 01:18 PM|
|Using the MPB with the lid closed & external monitor/kb/mouse||Link00seven||MacBook Pro||4||Aug 10, 2008 08:11 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 PM.