Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Nov 22, 2010, 06:04 PM   #1
Beeblebrox42
macrumors newbie

Playlist App

Hi there,

I am looking to create a playlist app but I have found little help online, I am just wondering if sombody can answer a few questions that I have. my background is coding in Java.

- Is there a playlist API in the iPhone SDK that can create and manipulate playlists?

- If so, can metadata be taken from the itunes library on the iphone, such as name, artist, genre?

If this is the case, does anybody have a link to where I can find info about the API, Ive tried looking but I think I'm just not typing the right keywords to get the hit I'm after!

Also, does anybody know of a tutorial that goes through how to make a playlist type aplication that covers various filter from the metadata stored by the ipod (such as track genre)?

I know this is quite specific but Im really looking for a launch pad to start my app.

Thanks
Beeblebrox42 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming