Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 23, 2010, 03:48 AM   #1
MythicFrost
macrumors 68040

Unable to restore... requested resource not found?

Hi,

I've got an iPad with the 4.2 GM on it, which will lack the fixes in the 4.2.1 GM or the 4.2 release version, however, "Check for update" says I'm running the latest version, and "Restore" says: "There was a problem downloading the software for the iPad "Name's iPad". The requested resource was not found."

I've tried this on two different computers, is this a problem with Apple or my iPad? I'm guessing the former.

Any idea how I can get it restored to the latest version?
MythicFrost is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2010, 03:54 AM   #2
AIRniloc
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicFrost View Post
Hi,

I've got an iPad with the 4.2 GM on it, which will lack the fixes in the 4.2.1 GM or the 4.2 release version, however, "Check for update" says I'm running the latest version, and "Restore" says: "There was a problem downloading the software for the iPad "Name's iPad". The requested resource was not found."

I've tried this on two different computers, is this a problem with Apple or my iPad? I'm guessing the former.

i'm having the same issue..

for now, i'm just going to upgrade to the 4.2.1 GM release.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 04:06 AM   #3
MythicFrost
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRniloc View Post
i'm having the same issue..

for now, i'm just going to upgrade to the 4.2.1 GM release.
Ah well thanks, I guess that means it's Apple's problem. I think I'll hold out for the official, I hope they fix it soon.

Last edited by MythicFrost; Nov 23, 2010 at 04:12 AM.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:29 PM   #4
AIRniloc
macrumors regular

Quote:
Ah well thanks, I guess that means it's Apple's problem. I think I'll hold out for the official, I hope they fix it soon.
from what i understand, the 4.2.1 dev release is the same as the public 4.2 release..
Old Nov 23, 2010, 04:44 PM   #5
MythicFrost
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRniloc View Post
from what i understand, the 4.2.1 dev release is the same as the public 4.2 release..
Yeah, I've only got the 4.2 GM, so I need the release (or the 4.2.1 GM, but I'd rather the release).

I had another user PM me and tell me that putting their iPad in restore mode solved it for them, I've tried this and it worked successfully (4.2 is downloading =))

Here is the page they linked for me: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808
Old Jan 9, 2011, 01:18 AM   #6
Skylark-
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Hi,

I had exactly the same problem, with the iOS 4.2 GM (developer) release - same messages in iTunes as well. Frustrating.

I followed the instructions in this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1054270

Worked perfectly
Skylark- is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad