Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

speedfreak007

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2009
Hello,

I'm searching for the perfect calendar and task manager for my ipod touch. Right now I have the following setup: on iPod: Week Cal and Todo. On my Mac: iCal and Appigo sync manager. I want all this in one simple app on my iPod and on my Mac because this setup is not good (tasks in Todo, calendar in Week Cal, sync it with iTunes and with Appigo sync manager...)

It has to be capable of the following:

-Sync (calendar AND tasks at once) with the calendar and task application on my Mac (doesn't has to be iCal)
-also one app on my iPod
-week view on iPod
-easy to use (no overcomplicated task creation function)
-has to look nice :)

Does this dream setup exists? (why doesn't apple allow task syncing to my iPod touch in the first place)?

thanks!

Gokunama

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
Apple's having enough trouble getting it's calendar to sync timely and reliably with both MobileMe and Google calendar, I've heard that tasks are on their roadmap though.

If you don't mind over the air sync, [app]Pocket Informant[/app] might be what you're looking for. I know [app]Calendars - Google Calendar client[/app] added supports for Google tasks (no idea how well it works though).

speedfreak007

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2009
I tried various apps and they are too complicated or too simple. It takes too long to make a simple task with a reminder, or you can't sync them. They all need helper programs on your computer in order to sync, so you have to remember to sync itunes and your calendar...

Right now i'm using the default calendar app and when i need to insert a task, i just insert it as a appointment (standard duration of 1 hour) and i add a reminder to it. It isn't as elegant as it should be, but this is the most efficient setup i've tried.

karlin.john

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2011
gTasks

After an exhausting search for a decent task manager for my iPhone, I found this iPhone app that does the trick. I add tasks fast with reminders, and it automatically syncs all my tasks with Google Tasks!
After the sync I can see my due tasks that I added on my iPhone in my Google's calendar and of course on my Google Tasks :)
found it at http://www.katans.com

FatLip

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2013
on da moon
After an exhausting search for a decent task manager for my iPhone, I found this iPhone app that does the trick. I add tasks fast with reminders, and it automatically syncs all my tasks with Google Tasks!
After the sync I can see my due tasks that I added on my iPhone in my Google's calendar and of course on my Google Tasks :)
found it at http://www.katans.com

Gotasks blows this out of the water and its...FREE lol

just to update the thread for the record,

GoTasks allows you to do everything Gtasks does including collapse your menus and sub menus, so you dont have to scroll down down down forever to look at tasks, if your really that busy and need tasks in the fist place

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.