Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Nov 24, 2010, 08:38 PM   #1
santie321
macrumors newbie

Red face HELP!! I deleted the PHOTOS icon from my iPhone

using 4.2. Went in to to iTunes to sync the phone thinking the Photos icon would come back and nothing. How can I get my Photos (app) icon back??
santie321 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2010, 08:41 PM   #2
Sdahe
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by santie321 View Post
using 4.2. Went in to to iTunes to sync the phone thinking the Photos icon would come back and nothing. How can I get my Photos (app) icon back??
I don't think that is even possible to delete the photo icon
Sdahe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2010, 08:50 PM   #3
Caliber26
macrumors 65816

As the person above me just stated, that's not possible. The Photos app is a native one, built-in to iOS. If deleting them were an option, A LOT of us would be thrilled to remove the stock weather/stock/compass apps nobody ever uses. Do you, by chance, have folders and accidentally dropped that app into one of those folders?
Caliber26 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2010, 08:51 PM   #4
santie321
macrumors newbie

ouch, you are correct sir. somehow i moved the Photos icon into a folder and did not realize it. its back now

thanks!
santie321 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:49 PM   #5
Caliber26
macrumors 65816

Quote:
ouch, you are correct sir. somehow i moved the Photos icon into a folder and did not realize it. its back now

thanks!
Glad I was able to help!
Caliber26 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 02:23 AM   #6
milani
macrumors 68000

Quote:

thanks!
If you DID manage to delete a standard app icon you'd be a hero. So many people have requested the ability to hide/delete apps like stocks or others they don't use.

Alas, it's just not possible. At least you got your issue solved, though!
milani is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 02:36 AM   #7
Night Spring
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by milani View Post
If you DID manage to delete a standard app icon you'd be a hero. So many people have requested the ability to hide/delete apps like stocks or others they don't use.

Alas, it's just not possible. At least you got your issue solved, though!
I think there was a way to "hide" an icon by dragging it over into the very last position on the very last page, then bumping it off into the non-existent next page after last by dragging another icon onto the last page. Never tried it myself, though, and not sure if it works under the current OS -- I think I heard about this method when iOS 3.x came out.
Night Spring is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2011, 12:34 AM   #8
Gregh1981
macrumors newbie

Yes, it is possible

Just drag the unwanted apps to the last available page, then fill that page with other apps until the unwanted app 'drops' off the screen! I did this with the notes, stocks, weather and voice memo apps, as I have others that are by far superior to these! 1 problem, the solution is not permanent! As soon as you resync your iPhone/iPad, they come back and you have to do it all over again! Not that big of a deal, better than having to deal with them all the time!
Gregh1981 is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2012, 07:49 PM   #9
Auburn58
macrumors newbie

deleted photo icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdahe View Post
I don't think that is even possible to delete the photo icon
It is possible, i did it. and I do not know how to get it back.
I have tried syncing my phone and it still is not back.
Any more suggestions?
Auburn58 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 04:29 PM   #10
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburn58 View Post
It is possible, i did it. and I do not know how to get it back.
I have tried syncing my phone and it still is not back.
Any more suggestions?
Settings>General>Reset>Erase all Content and Settings. Restore as new or from a backup that you know contains what you're missing.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 04:50 PM   #11
UFGatorMel
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
Settings>General>Reset>Erase all Content and Settings. Restore as new or from a backup that you know contains what you're missing.
It's even easier than that. If you can't find it doing a spotlight search, then go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout. No need to restore and all that.
UFGatorMel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:01 AM   #12
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorMel View Post
It's even easier than that. If you can't find it doing a spotlight search, then go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout. No need to restore and all that.
Ooh, good call. I completely forgot about resetting the Home Screen layout.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting