|Nov 24, 2010, 09:15 PM||#1|
Solution of error 1013 in iPhone 4
For many of you who have iPhone 4′s and tried to update to iOS 4.2.1, you may encounter Error 1013 on iTunes. This seems to be a widespread issue and widely discussed on Apple’s forum. Fear not, there is already a way to fix this Error 1013.
Due to the rush of releasing this iOS version, a bug like this is bound to come out. This has been reported to Apple but if you don’t intend to wait any longer, please see the following for the instructions. Methods on Fixing the Error 1013 are available for Mac and PC.
Mac OS X
1. On your Mac, go to “Applications” folder.
2. Go to the “Utilities” folder.
3. Start “Terminal”.
4. Type “sudo nano /etc/hosts” (without quotes) and hit enter.
5. Enter your login password
6. Use the down arrow key to find “gs.apple.com”. Add “#” in front of the text e.g. #gs.apple.com
7. Save the file by hitting CONTROL+O.
8. Exit the nano editor.
9. Restore your iPhone.
1. Go to Start > Programs > Accessories
2. Run Notepad. Note: on Windows 7, right click on Notepad icon and select “Run As Administrator”
3. Click File > Open
4. Go to Windows/System32/drivers/etc
5. In “files of type:” select all documents
6. Open “hosts”
7. Delete any entry with “gs.apple.com”
8. Click Save
9. Restore your iPhone
|Nov 25, 2010, 01:30 PM||#2|
1. this release was in no way rushed, if you were in the Dev program you'd have known this....
2. the 1013 error is not native to this release, it did it to me on 4.1 and also 4.0 on my 3G. 4.2 went on without a hitch for me.
but thanks for the guide, if i encounter the problem again, i'll try it.
|Nov 30, 2010, 12:34 PM||#6|
marckmaching I want to thank you very much for this. I did this and it worked and saved me a trip to apple store to argue with them lol
I dont know alot about this type of stuff but after reading this stuff noticed a lot of people saying tiny umbrella modifies the thing i just fixed...
|Nov 30, 2010, 12:38 PM||#7|
|Sep 19, 2011, 02:36 AM||#14|
I don't ever post in forums, at all, but this tip will work 100%, I've tried everything the last 4 hours including TinyUmbrella, and RecBoot to try and kick it out of the recovery loop and neither worked until i stumbled across this forum and it worked on the first try. So do what he/she said and use....
sudo nano /etc/hosts
|Sep 26, 2011, 10:40 AM||#15|
so this isnt working for me. I do have 2 hosts files though. one is the regular hosts file and there is a second one that says lmhost file do i delete the gs.apple line from both?
|Sep 26, 2011, 10:44 AM||#16|
Unles you have SHSH blobs saved for 4.2.1, there is no way of upgrading to 4.2.1, as apple no longer signs iOS 4.2.1 for any iPhone other than the iPhone 3G and the second-generation iPod Touch.
Black 4GB 2nd Gen iPod Nano, Black 30GB 5th Gen 'Video' iPod Classic, White 16 GB iPhone 3GS, White 16GB iPhone 4(GSM AT&T), Black 16GB iPhone 5(A1429), 32GB 1st Gen iPad WiFi, 16GB 2nd Gen Nexus 7
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Resolved: iTunes Error -42408 - First real solution gets cookie. Solved - Cookie Redeemed||N10248||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||49||Jul 11, 2014 10:51 PM|
|Bootcamp Usb Win 7 installation ISO error - solution solved||Theunderdog||Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac||0||Apr 10, 2014 02:02 PM|
|Camera failed error on Samsung galaxy s3. Any solution?||gaiao||Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices||16||Aug 16, 2013 03:34 PM|
|iPhone 4S, can't recover. (error -1) solution?||SPNarwhal||iPhone||9||Sep 26, 2012 09:14 PM|
|1013 error||gmx1963||iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting||1||Jun 11, 2012 04:19 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 AM.