Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook

Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:14 PM   #1
halfprep455
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to halfprep455
Macbook wont connect to the internet via wifi

My macbook connects to my wifi connection which is secured without any issues. However it wont let me connect to the internet. I keep getting a message on the airport icon that has an exclamation point on it that says "no internet connection available." Also, when I open up the network settings under the airport settings, it says self assigned ip address can not connect to internet. I have no idea what is going on because all of my other computers and xbox is connecting to the internet just fine. I already tried to restart the router and the modem and I also emptied the cache on the macbook. I tried to call Comcast but they were not very helpful.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:34 AM   #2
richkahn
macrumors newbie

Same Issue; Same Day

hi,
don't have a solution and also looking for one. my wife's macbook running 10.6.4 suddenly lost internet connection yesterday; but she changed no settings (no new firewall implements, etc). the macbook continues to find the wireless uverse network fine and has full bars. we've rebooted her system, and the uverse router. all other computers continue to run fine on the uverse wireless in the house both prior to and after reboots...

looking for any thoughts...
richard
richkahn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 12:38 AM   #3
remoteONE
macrumors newbie

Try this link ... This solution worked for my 10.6.5 OSX macbook http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=760401
remoteONE is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 03:04 AM   #4
tug
macrumors 6502

hi. dont know wether this will help you, but the same happened to me a while back. this worked for me, get namebench set it to run, it will give you some codes , put them in your dns (network/advanced/dns server) as they appear in namebench (quickly copy original codes down just in case) click apply. and hopefully it might have helped you. like i said however, it worked for me, yours might be a different problem to mine.
just noticed this is an old thread, but it still might help somebody
Old Mar 15, 2011, 09:11 AM   #5
Detrius
macrumors 68000

Always an easy first step (which fixes a lot) when troubleshooting a network connection that doesn't work at all: Create a new location.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook