Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Jan 17, 2005, 10:46 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

iPod Shuffle 512MB Review

Category: Reviews
Link: iPod Shuffle 512MB Review
Posted on MacBytes.com

Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Jan 17, 2005, 05:59 PM   #2
24C
macrumors 6502a

This bit made me smile ... "I disagree. I've also tried various flash players, most recently Creative's tiny MuVo N200 (512 MB, $130), which is shorter than the Shuffle, and the iRiver iFP 890 (256 MB, $150). Both have small but effective LED displays that show song titles and lengths and let you navigate to a specific tune." ... can you imagine joining the dots to read these
Fair comments though, didn't like the idea of no display, but sorta softened his view in the end.
24C is offline   0
Old Jan 17, 2005, 06:08 PM   #3
jsw
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Speaking of tortured, I had to use a magnifying glass to see the ultra minuscule serial number printed on the back, which you need to set the Shuffle up with the iTunes music organizing program on your computer.
Or, of course, you could look at the much bigger one printed on the box.

FWIW, I love mine.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 07:50 PM   #4
stcanard
macrumors 65816

I find it interesting that so many of these reviewers are ignoring the target market --

The biggest knock being the lack of a screen. If anything that's a plus when riding my bike. Now I don't have to worry anout an LCD cracking on me, or going wonky after getting wet.

Can't locate songs. Hmm, if I wanted to locate songs, I'd use my big iPod. And I can't remember the last time I was biking down the road, and pulled out my iPod to scan through a playlist...

They are completely right, this will not replace an iPod Mini. I have a feeling that the design team was also told "make sure this does not replace the iPod Mini", since they don't want to cannabilize their own sales.

Last edited by stcanard; Jan 17, 2005 at 07:53 PM.
stcanard is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion