Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:46 AM   #1
mac.jedi
macrumors 6502

Announcement: Batch Rip Actions for Automator updated finally.

Just thought some of you might like to know that I've finally updated the Automating DVD and Blu-Ray (Backup, Encoding and Tagging) tutorial which shows you how to automate DVD and BD encoding through Automator actions and Services. Enjoy!

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=805573

ANNOUNCEMENT: BATCH RIP ACTIONS UPDATED

Sorry everyone, I've busy with other projects. I've been updating things for my own use over the past year, but haven't had a chance to post any updates better late than never?!

Update 2010-11-23

Release Notes
Batch Rip Actions for Automator 1.0.5

Everything
  • Mkvtoolnix is no longer included in the package. You'll need to install Mkvtoolnix.app to your Applications folder. You can download version 4.4.0 from: http://jonthn.free.fr/MKVtoolnix/

Batch Rip.action - UPDATED
  • Provides general fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and functionality of Batch Rip in other words, I forgot to write them all down.
    Updated Action UI to include a selectable path to MakeMKV
    Fixed compatibility issues with later releases of MakeMKV
    Added DiscIdent functionality to auto-name DVD titles

Batch Encode.action - UPDATED
  • Provides general fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and functionality of Batch Encode in other words, I forgot to write them all down.
  • Fixed compatibility issues with later releases of MakeMKV
  • Fixed issues with Custom Encode Args
  • Updated default encode settings for latest Apple devices
  • Added support for setting a Native Language preference. Used for audio and subtitle tracks.
  • Added subtitle support. Default encode settings will now burn in forced subtitles in your native language; or all subtitles if the main audio language is not your native language.
  • Added a 'Use Default Audio' option. If selected, will use the sources main audio language. Useful if the majority of your discs are in your native language. If the main audio language is not your native language, the action will automatically burn-in subtitles in your native language if available.
  • Added support for BDSup2Sub. Automatically finds forced PGS subs, converts them to VOBSUB and remuxes the files for input to HandBrakeCLI. You'll need to install BDSup2Sub.jar to your Applications folder. You can download the latest version from: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...=bdsup2sub+mac
  • Updated Action UI to include a selectable path to MakeMKV, Mkvtoolnix and BDSup2Sub.jar
  • Added support for additional input file types including avi, mp4, m4v, mov, mpg.
mac.jedi is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater