Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 25, 2010, 02:46 PM   #1
cycocelica
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to cycocelica
Importing Outlook for Mac 2011 Calendar to iCal

I apologize if this has been posted, but I searched (and searched some more) and couldn't find a straight forward answer.

What I want to do is import my calendar from Outlook for Mac 2011 to iCal. Whenever I go to export it saves the file in a .olm format which iCal doesn't recognize.

Any suggestions on a quick, easy and free way of importing Outlook for Mac 2011 Calendar to iCal?

P.S. I can't get to my old Windows machine to export from there. It is completely dead.

Thanks!
Old Nov 25, 2010, 06:08 PM   #2
martyn05
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to martyn05
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycocelica View Post
I apologize if this has been posted, but I searched (and searched some more) and couldn't find a straight forward answer.

What I want to do is import my calendar from Outlook for Mac 2011 to iCal. Whenever I go to export it saves the file in a .olm format which iCal doesn't recognize.

Any suggestions on a quick, easy and free way of importing Outlook for Mac 2011 Calendar to iCal?

P.S. I can't get to my old Windows machine to export from there. It is completely dead.

Thanks!
I think there is a sync setting in Outlook that you click on that does it.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 02:57 PM   #3
sammystar
macrumors newbie

Any Answers to Imp. Outlook to ical???

I have the same issue... I can't seem to import my outlook for mac 2011 data into ical. It is not recognizing the .olm extension.

How can I get my calendar data from outlook to ical???

I, of course, wish i didn't have to do this...I didn't realize that my iphone would not sync with outlook 2011 when I just purchased it...not happy! How they could not include that sync is beyond me... backwards from entourage if that's possible.

anyway, moving on... any help with this would be greatly appreciated. i'm a pretty newbie mac user and would appreciate any guidance.

thanks much.
sammystar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2011, 04:39 AM   #4
vasil
macrumors newbie

sync works

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammystar View Post
I have the same issue... I can't seem to import my outlook for mac 2011 data into ical. It is not recognizing the .olm extension.

How can I get my calendar data from outlook to ical???

I, of course, wish i didn't have to do this...I didn't realize that my iphone would not sync with outlook 2011 when I just purchased it...not happy! How they could not include that sync is beyond me... backwards from entourage if that's possible.

anyway, moving on... any help with this would be greatly appreciated. i'm a pretty newbie mac user and would appreciate any guidance.

thanks much.
just try to open preferences in outlook, then click sync services and choose which items you want to sync.

and that's it!
vasil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 05:43 PM   #5
gw0gvq
macrumors member

Outlook for Mac

I have office for mac 2011 but it doesnt include outlook , can you buy it as a standalone? and can anyone tell me where on the net it is ?
gw0gvq is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2013, 03:23 AM   #6
michaelthb
macrumors newbie

It seems as though sync services are no longer supported on OSX Mountain Lion.

Is there another way to import from Outlook 2011 to iCal?

Thanks
Michael
michaelthb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2013, 10:55 AM   #7
rshanahan
macrumors regular

Check Outlook 2011 version

I have been syncing my outlook calendar to Ical (and to my I-devices) under Mountain Lion (and Lion) and the latest version of Outlook for over a year (maybe more).

The original release of 2011 only supported syncing contacts. The 1st (or second) service pack/update to office 2011 added that feature. I am currently running Outlook 2011 version 14.3.1.

Run the updater and download the latest updates, that should enable calendar in the sync options.
16G Nano 4G; 8G Nano 3G; 1G Shuffle 2G (x12)
rshanahan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2013, 02:55 PM   #8
BrianBaughn
macrumors 68020

Another free method would be to sign up for a trial Office 365 account, add the account in Outlook, copy your events (month-by-month using list view) from your "On my computer" calendar to your Office 365 calendar, add the Office 365 account to iCal, export the Office 365 calendar from iCal and import it back into whatever iCal calendar you choose.

The only problem you may have is with meetings ("invitation" events, if you have any) as they're "attached" to a particular email address. This might be a problem no matter what method you use.
BrianBaughn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Tags
ical, import, outlook for mac