Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 25, 2010, 10:58 PM   #1
iBryton
macrumors regular

All my music is GONE!? iPhone 4 - SOLVED

Recently when I updated to 4.2.1, I clicked on the "iPod" app on my iPhone 4, and it said that there was no music on the phone and I would need to launch iTunes on the iPhone to buy some songs. I checked the memory, and there was only 4gb left out of the 16gb so I knew my music was in there.

I bought a song from my iPhone and yet, it didn't appear in my iPod? Any suggestions?

YouTube.com/iNegahban - GameCenter (iBryton) - Apple TV

Last edited by iBryton; Nov 26, 2010 at 12:06 AM.
iBryton is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:05 PM   #2
gtmac
macrumors 6502a

Connect your phone to iTunes play one song from your phone through iTunes. All songs will have synced and should now show on the phone.
gtmac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:39 PM   #3
Mliii
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Mliii Send a message via Yahoo to Mliii Send a message via Skype™ to Mliii
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBryton View Post
Recently when I updated to 4.2.1, I clicked on the "iPod" app on my iPhone 4, and it said that there was no music on the phone and I would need to launch iTunes on the iPhone to buy some songs. I checked the memory, and there was only 4gb left out of the 16gb so I knew my music was in there.

I bought a song from my iPhone and yet, it didn't appear in my iPod? Any suggestions?
Relax. Sync and all will be there.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:56 PM   #4
iBryton
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mliii View Post
Relax. Sync and all will be there.
gtscode: I just did that on my mac and it worked. Thanks for the help! +rep

YouTube.com/iNegahban - GameCenter (iBryton) - Apple TV

Last edited by Nermal; Nov 27, 2010 at 12:21 AM. Reason: cleanup
iBryton is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2010, 03:45 PM   #5
bdaikido
macrumors newbie

same problem

i updated to the new 4.2.1 as well and no longer have any songs on my phone. it shows that there are 16 gigs of music when i plug it into itunes on my pc but when i click on the "music" tab there is no music. i cant even bring up a song on my phone through itunes to try to restore the rest as it was previously recommended. any suggestions?
bdaikido is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2010, 05:38 PM   #6
DeBaryFL
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaikido View Post
i updated to the new 4.2.1 as well and no longer have any songs on my phone. it shows that there are 16 gigs of music when i plug it into itunes on my pc but when i click on the "music" tab there is no music. i cant even bring up a song on my phone through itunes to try to restore the rest as it was previously recommended. any suggestions?
My media also diasppeared from the iPod app on the phone after upgrading my iPhone 4 to 4.2.1. I got it back by connecting the phone to my PC, opening iTunes, then clicking on the phone in iTunes. I unchecked a random playlist, then rechecked it and clicked SYNC. VOILA, all my media showed up on the phone again.
DeBaryFL is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone