Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rbai63

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 24, 2010
Alright I got it to work, putting sim in 2g gets you $20 unlimited data then when you put it back in the iPhone 4 look at my options on my account.

This works as of 11/26/10 yay

Here is a tutorial I just wrote up https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1055442/

262td8p.png

and 4 hours later they switched me to the $30 unlimited

125q0df.png

Last edited:

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Do you currently have 3G service?
In any case, I believe they will move you to a $30 Unlimited Data plan because you are using a 3G device.

Nice though! Makes me want to buy my friend's old iPhone 2G before he does something to it. (it's just sitting in his drawer)

Rbai63

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 24, 2010
Do you currently have 3G service?
In any case, I believe they will move you to a $30 Unlimited Data plan because you are using a 3G device.

Nice though! Makes me want to buy my friend's old iPhone 2G before he does something to it. (it's just sitting in his drawer)

Yes I do have 3g service, I guess I will stay on the $20 plan but they will move me up to the $30 unlimited anyway because I am using 3g.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Yes I do have 3g service, I guess I will stay on the $20 plan but they will move me up to the $30 unlimited anyway because I am using 3g.

Yep, that is my understanding as well ... soon you will get a text saying you aren't using an appropriate data plan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.