Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Jan 7, 2013, 08:09 PM   #1
jedi74
macrumors regular

can someone PLEASE help me?

how do I put a CD onto my iPod touch 5 with iTunes 11.0.1????

please, if you know can you give me step by step directions? i've searched everywhere.....

thanks!
jedi74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 08:51 PM   #2
raccoonboy
macrumors 6502a

Can't give exact direction but there should be icon on your itune to pull songs from cd and turn them into mp3 or acc. Then you can just sync to your pods through usb.
raccoonboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 09:28 PM   #3
jedi74
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by racoonboy View Post
Can't give exact direction but there should be icon on your itune to pull songs from cd and turn them into mp3 or acc. Then you can just sync to your pods through usb.
yeah but i can't find a way to drag the songs into the play lists on my ipod.....
jedi74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 09:36 PM   #4
7thson
macrumors 6502

You need to import the cd. Go to iTunes menu>preferences>general, there you'll find the settings for importing. Set it up the way you want, i.e. the file size and format you want(256 Kbps and AAC is fine) and then click the ok button. Insert the cd into your 'puter and you'll see it show up in the side bar. Click on the cd and you'll see the import button in the bottom right corner. Click import and do a little dance for having imported your first cd!
7thson is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 09:51 PM   #5
raccoonboy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi74 View Post
yeah but i can't find a way to drag the songs into the play lists on my ipod.....
On the top right corner, u should be able to choose to see your playlist or your library. Choose to see playlist on your ipod, then check the new songs you already import. Also, in future you should just check box autosync new music to avoid any difficulties.

I agree that new Itunes is troublesome. Annoying and confused looks. I dont know if it eats less ram or not.
raccoonboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:53 PM   #6
Beeplance
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thson View Post
You need to import the cd. Go to iTunes menu>preferences>general, there you'll find the settings for importing. Set it up the way you want, i.e. the file size and format you want(256 Kbps and AAC is fine) and then click the ok button. Insert the cd into your 'puter and you'll see it show up in the side bar. Click on the cd and you'll see the import button in the bottom right corner. Click import and do a little dance for having imported your first cd!
This. Useful feature though, but most people nowadays just download straight away from the net. CDs are like a thing from the past in 2013.. Just sayin.
Beeplance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:54 PM   #7
blueroom
macrumors 603

A better choice would be install XLD on your Mac.
It has accurip for error free ripping. Also can add into iTunes plus many more features. Free too.
blueroom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:42 AM   #8
Thetonyk123
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeplance View Post
This. Useful feature though, but most people nowadays just download straight away from the net. CDs are like a thing from the past in 2013.. Just sayin.
I still have some old CDs laying around. I ripped them long ago in iTunes however
Thetonyk123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch