Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cerano

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2010
Hey guys im finalising my purchase this week so which do you think i should get?

Will the 11.6" 1.4ghz be enough? Mostly word processing does it make any difference in gaming or do you think i should just push it and go with the ultimate? I'd have to stretch my budget a fair bit with the ultimate

jimboutilier

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2008
Denver
Even though I managed ok with a RevA MBA 1.6/2/80 as a primary machine for a year or so I admit it was a bit slow and when I decided to try a 2010 11.6 MBA i was a bit worried about 1.4ghz (and absolutely knew 64gb of SSD and 2gb of ram were not enough for my current needs).

After a couple weeks of using the 11.6" MBAu as my primary machine I am very impressed. It could actually be my only machine not just my primary if supplemented with external storage and an occasionally used cd/dvd reader.

I seldom max out the 1.6 CPU wise. Sometimes some java based apps manage it for a few seconds at a time but my routine office, database, drawing, and music/ video activities don't seem to stress it much and it stays quiet and cool.

Only you can say for sure but I expect a lot of folks would be happy with the 1.4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.