|Jan 18, 2005, 12:48 PM||#1|
Move Outlook PST files to Mac mail
Finally i have migrated from PC to a marvelous Imac G5 21", 1 Giga ram.
The first thing I need is to migrate tons of emails from Outlook PST to Mac Mail.
I know itīs not strait forward.
Can anybody recomment me a software that does this well?
..IMAC G5 * 1 Giga Ram - 20" - + Powerbook G4 12" 1.5G + Ipod Shuffle 1 Gig...and I switched...I am HAPPY!..
|Jan 24, 2005, 11:02 AM||#2|
This information is a couple of years old, but should still work...
Convert Windows Outlook mail to Mail.app
Thu, Oct 3 '02 at 09:13AM from: stephen.bates Converting the corporate Windows user who has all their old email in .pst files for years back? Help them on their way by getting their mail out of the proprietary .pst format and into standards based mbox format. The process sucks a little bit, but it does work if you have both machines on the same network.
On your current Windows machine:
1. Start on a Windows box with Outlook and .pst files (Personal Folders)
2. Download Netscape 4.7X for Windows
3. Launch Netscape, launch Netscape Mail
4. Select File -> Import, choose Outlook 97/98 (regardless if you have Outlook 2000/XP), select Outlook profile (if you have one)
5. Ensure all your .pst files and mboxes are selected (Personal Folders)
6. Wait for the Import to finish, Quit Outlook and Netscape
On your Mac running Jaguar:
1. Launch Mail.app
2. From the Finder, Connect to Server and connect to your Windows Machine
3. Navigate to the Windows machine - C: -> Program Files -> Netscape -> Users -> YourUsername -> Mail -> Outlook Mail.sbd
4. Copy the Personal Folders from the Windows machine to somewhere in your Home Directory (I chose my Documents folder)
5. From Mail.app, choose File -> Import Mailboxes ... select standard mbox files
6. Point towards the directory where you copied the Personal Folders from the Windows machine
7. Ensure all the mailboxes are checked
When it's done, look in the Import Folder in the "On My Mac" folder, and ensure all your imported mail is there. This method should should keep the dates and attachments intact. If you find you have TNEFs, use TNEF's Enough to extract them.
|Jan 28, 2005, 07:44 PM||#4|
It also transfers contacts and tasks very well. One good thing it does for contacts is append the category to the note text. Then when you import into Apple Address Book, you can do a quick find on the category name, and create a group for them. I thought I was going to have to manually re-categorize, but Little Machines saved my life!!!
|Jan 28, 2005, 11:35 PM||#7|
i converted my outlook express mail to mozilla thunderbird and took the mbox files and transferred it to my mac and imported the .mbox in mail. simple and free. it retained all the mail properties and wathever else.
|Jan 29, 2005, 05:46 PM||#8|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Can you move files in finder while sending them via Mail?||HarryPot||OS X Mavericks (10.9)||2||Jan 21, 2014 07:45 PM|
|Move emails from apple mail to windows outlook||SteNash||MacBook Pro||15||Oct 21, 2013 06:07 AM|
|Move Mail App files to new machine.||firedept||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||2||Feb 12, 2013 02:48 PM|
|Outlook 2011 - migrated .pst disappears||dominikus||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||0||Nov 6, 2012 10:40 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 PM.