Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

koobcamuk

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
or am I alone?

I don't know if the benefit of folders (is there a JB alternative) will outweigh the snappiness I currently experience with the iPad. I don't want it to get slower with iOS updates, so I am keeping hands off, for now.

Who's with me? :cool:

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
No you are not alone. I see no advantage for me for upgrading, and I don't want to mess with success. I don't have the new :apple:TV (just the old one) so AirPlay (the only reason that I might upgrade) would not do me any good.

ra4oasis

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
i have seen no slowdown with 4.2. The update is much more than folders. Mail is much improved (if you have 2 or more accounts), searching within safari, multitasking, airplay, folders, and more. I wouldn't worry at all about the speed.

koobcamuk

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
No you are not alone. I see no advantage for me for upgrading, and I don't want to mess with success. I don't have the new :apple:TV (just the old one) so AirPlay (the only reason that I might upgrade) would not do me any good.

Same here.

i have seen no slowdown with 4.2. The update is much more than folders. Mail is much improved (if you have 2 or more accounts), searching within safari, multitasking, airplay, folders, and more. I wouldn't worry at all about the speed.

I have one mail account, so there's no benefit to me there. Airplay is also of no use to me. Folders, I have survived so far, and it's relatively painless.

Searching within safari would be nice, but I don't actually need to do it often enough.

I should stress that it's not just the speed of the device, but the battery life, which I do not want compromised.

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
3.2.2 here :) I'm just sick of upgrading and needing to rejailbreak every time Apple deems it necessary to push an update. Categories + CategoriesSB works just fine as a Folders replacement

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.