Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
What's New:
● reduced loading changes time
● section remapping optimizations
● faster reloading data
● faster, native search
● uses public SDK classes whenever possible
● rewritten, faster web views with zooming support
● changes badge works again
● more stable webviews (no crashes when queueing)
● redesigned settings page
● redesigned stashing page
● faster scrolling of table views
● bug fixes
● ads no longer break the package views until restart
● much better queueing UI
● stabler refreshing bar

iPad improvements:
● landscape
● popovesr
● modal views that cover only a portion of the screen
● less annoying errors with bad internet connections downloading packages
● updated section mappings, less typo'd sections

This version of Cydia is included in the latest release of RedSn0w and can also be downloaded directly from here: http://apt.saurik.com/cydia/debs/cydia_1.0.3366-1_iphoneos-arm.deb

Now the question is did anyone install this new Cydia version over the old one and would it cause any problems or conflicts?
Im on 4.1 and dont feel like going to 4.2 yet but would like to get the newest version of Cydia.

murdercitydevil

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2010
california
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I would like to do the same. I don't know what's up but my current cydia is excruciatingly slow

csjo00

macrumors regular
May 17, 2010
Arkansas
Albeit it's kind of old news, although it hasn't been publicized a lot.

I installed it a few days ago. It's pretty amazing. Seems like the reloading screens are a minimum of three times faster, which was always the killer for me.

Edit: I'm still on 4.1 on a 3GS (old-bootroom). No problems, no conflicts. Everything is better. Love it. Only hard part was remembering how to SSH deb files onto my iPhone again (an easy google).

saucy1360

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

so if I'm on an iphone 4 on 4.1 (limerain), how do I get this?

BookEmDanno

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2010
State of ~Aloha!~
I read somewhere that there is a newer version than the one mentioned in this thread - 1.0.3366.7.

Sorry, i don't know the details of the newer version and don't have the site where you can download it from, but google can probably point you to it's details and location.

Aloha!

Correction: note, couldn't vouch for the reliability or legitimacy of the version i referred to above. It's not on Saurik's site, so must not be legitimate.

Last edited:

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
Staying on 3.1.3 on my 3G. Not yet seen many speed tests of iOS 4.2.1 on a 3G.

I presume I just wait and see if the new Cydia comes up for dl when opening the Cydia app?

gravytrain84

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
LA
I installed over previous cydia using mobile safari downloaded and ifile. Works like a champ, took 5 mins.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
good question Applejuiced I'm still worried it might cost me my unlock if I upgrade I'm with ATT so no big but one day I'm going to want to sell it. always cracks me up how much extra people will pay for a jb/ul phone but to have a better faster cooler cydia. then there is the tethered part yikes. mevermind I can wait.

Los

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
I installed this new Cydia a few days ago. I'm jailbroken with 4.1 and I'm running baseband 01.59.00 without any problems. I'm really liking the faster loadings.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
can't you just reinstall a custom 4.1 and jb it w/ the new redsn0w to have the newest Cydia? I know that monday they were still signing 4.1... I have 4.2.1 w/old BB on my 3GS and will tell you that there is a speed difference significant in the newest Cydia :cool:

Black Vegeta

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2010
The loadings are tons better. It appears when searching for packages, it doesn't lag as much. Good stuff.

fsck-y dingo

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
The loadings are tons better. It appears when searching for packages, it doesn't lag as much. Good stuff.

Yes, searching is greatly improved! I'm not getting any of the keyboard lag that would happen with previous versions. Great update Saurik!

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2008
Download the .deb with Safari Download manager and install with iFile.

I have a question. After you install it with iFile and the file is just sitting there, do you just leave it and exit or can you delete the deb file after you install it?

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2008
Also, I dont think you even need Safari Download Manager to install. If you go to the website on your iPhone, it will just ask you "Open in 'iFile" and you click that and it imports right into iFile. From there, click Install and you're done!

700-Grizz

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2010
ALASKA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Very nice--much faster now

polobreaka

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2009
Huntington Beach, CA
Also, I dont think you even need Safari Download Manager to install. If you go to the website on your iPhone, it will just ask you "Open in 'iFile" and you click that and it imports right into iFile. From there, click Install and you're done!

i can vouch for this way. i just went to the site, click on the download link, it says 'open in ifile' and pick 'installer'. did the install and works great. i reboot the phone anyways.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.