Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Jan 18, 2005, 10:35 PM   #1
jholzner
macrumors 65816

17" Apple CRT w/ADC - can it work with the mac mini?

I've read that it won't work even with a adc to dvi converter because the crt is not digital. Anyone know any workaround?? I want a mini...I have the monitor and keyboard...but if the monitor won't work I can't afford it
jholzner is offline   0
Old Jan 18, 2005, 10:37 PM   #2
Sun Baked
macrumors G5

NO

That monitor does not work with DVI-to-ADC adapters, and the Mini only has DVI.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 11:41 PM   #3
Rod Rod
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by jholzner
I've read that it won't work even with a adc to dvi converter because the crt is not digital. Anyone know any workaround?? I want a mini...I have the monitor and keyboard...but if the monitor won't work I can't afford it
If you can spare $30 you can get a used 17" CRT with VGA input. As Sun Baked said, the ADC CRT Studio Display won't work with any DVI-ADC adapter, whether it's Apple's, Dr. Bott's or Gefen's.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers