Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Final Cut

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 5, 2009
Getting a 10GB Minimum error when trying to do a windows partition, have 20GB free on my 64GB SSD.

neteng101

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2009
Its likely there isn't enough contiguous space for it to create the partition... ie. a full chunk of empty free space. Should have created the partition sooner before loading it up with other stuff on the OSX side. Not sure if there's some workaround that might work - maybe copy your mac partition to an external USB drive with Carbon Copy Closer, reinstall OSX, do Bootcamp, then boot from the external USB drive and clone back the OSX files?

The Final Cut

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 5, 2009
Its likely there isn't enough contiguous space for it to create the partition... ie. a full chunk of empty free space. Should have created the partition sooner before loading it up with other stuff on the OSX side. Not sure if there's some workaround that might work - maybe copy your mac partition to an external USB drive with Carbon Copy Closer, reinstall OSX, do Bootcamp, then boot from the external USB drive and clone back the OSX files?

:eek: thats a lot of trouble I don't think my video games are worth that :( can't I used disk utility to create a partition?

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
Someone will probably recommend a defrag tool but the free solution is to backup your drive then format your drive then restore with Time Machine or do a fresh install. I had the same problem on one of my Macs a couple of years ago and a clean install fixed it.

The Final Cut

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 5, 2009
Someone will probably recommend a defrag tool but the free solution is to backup your drive then format your drive then restore with Time Machine or do a fresh install. I had the same problem on one of my Macs a couple of years ago and a clean install fixed it.

I love it, cleared another 15GB off the air, now it worked past that screen but Im getting a "some file's can't be moved" error. Love how the errors come up when I even begin trying to use windows on a mac:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.