Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Dec 1, 2010, 07:53 PM   #1
Romeo604
macrumors regular

Having trouble connecting/installing wireless repeater

Hi all

I am having trouble installing a wireless repeater.

I am trying to set up a D-Link DAP-1360 Wireless Repeater but I cannot access the set up menu since the Install CD cannot be read by my mac even though the specifications say it is mac compatible.

I tried following the steps on its online help website but Safari nor Firefox can enter the set up address, which is 192.168.0.50 or 192.168.1.50.

I can connect the repeater to my router with ethernet cable and it works no problem, just that there are no security measures for the Repeater as anyone can join the repeater signal.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Romeo604 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2010, 07:50 PM   #2
bmcgonag
macrumors 65816

Send a message via Skype™ to bmcgonag
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo604 View Post
Hi all

I am having trouble installing a wireless repeater.

I am trying to set up a D-Link DAP-1360 Wireless Repeater but I cannot access the set up menu since the Install CD cannot be read by my mac even though the specifications say it is mac compatible.

I tried following the steps on its online help website but Safari nor Firefox can enter the set up address, which is 192.168.0.50 or 192.168.1.50.

I can connect the repeater to my router with ethernet cable and it works no problem, just that there are no security measures for the Repeater as anyone can join the repeater signal.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
I'm not sure I'm understanding how you have it setup initially...do you already have it connected to your router when you are trying to access it? If so, then there may be an issue with the subnets conflicting...Not sure that would be a problem on a repeater...but have you tried connecting it directly to your computer?

If so, then make sure to turn off all other connections before trying to bring up the IP of the repeater.
bmcgonag is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help