Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jan 19, 2005, 12:55 AM   #1
mcmav37
macrumors 6502

new free iTMS songs

I was browsing iTMS today and after noting the normal free song of the week, I happened to notice that the rotating ad in the upper right switches to show two additional free songs. Clicking on them reveals that there is going to be a new single each week for Ryan Seacrest's AT 40 and for Carson Daly's Most Requested. So, now there are at least 3 free songs per week on the US store. (I can't comment about other countries, though--bring on the complaints.)

This gives Apple even more ammo behind its "Free music for your iPod" flyer it puts with all new iPods.

On another note, I think the Pepsi promotion is going to be huge this year. There are at least 5 times as many iPod users this year as last year at this time and these people are very likely to use iTMS. Combine this with the millions who use iTunes but don't have an iPod yet (but want one) and the fact that the Pepsi bottles look like they will have significantly greater distribution this time, and it will be huge.
mcmav37 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2005, 01:51 AM   #2
anubis
macrumors 6502a

that's pretty cool actually. From what I can see, there are 2 free songs rotating in the ad in the upper right, plus in the center, there's a static button for a free song download, and in the right center area there's a free download for like a half-hour long hip-hop set. Although they're all pretty cool and the music isn't terrible, it still isn't what I'm interested in. Most of apple's free downloads are always in a very narrow genre, consisting of rock-pop and emerging hip-hop. Can't we get something cool like a latin jazz track?
anubis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2005, 02:50 AM   #3
Blackheart
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to Blackheart
Am I the only one who checks this page every Tuesday?

Great Stickies:
GUIDE: Zap PRAM, Repair Permissions, & run FSCK
GUIDE: Networking Windows with OS X
Guidelines for Getting Help
Blackheart is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2005, 02:55 AM   #4
rendezvouscp
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to rendezvouscp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Am I the only one who checks this page every Tuesday?
No.
-Chase
Old Feb 20, 2005, 01:06 PM   #5
Doctor Q
Administrator

Don't forget you can use our own Free iTunes 2005 thread. And you can post in that thread if you spot any free iTunes that we don't list.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod