Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Dec 2, 2010, 09:14 AM   #1
rowuncw
macrumors newbie

Syncing two iPods on the same PC, but keep song ratings separate

Up until recently, I have been the only one on my PC that takes advantage of ratings and play counts to make smart playlists. Now that my wife has a new nano, she has been rating songs as well. I want to keep her ratings and counts separate from mine but work with the same files on the same PC (we like a lot of the same music, but may rate it differently).

I am aware that you can create multiple libraries and choose which one to load, or have a shared media folder and separate Windows user accounts. But at the same time, I want to be able to import files once and have them automatically appear in both libraries. Is this possible? Since iTunes still does not have a "watched folder" feature (as far as I know), what is the best solution? Another feature that I don't think is available but would be extremely helpful is to be able to have a smart playlist of songs rated or listened to by a particular iPod.
rowuncw is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod