Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 2, 2010, 07:32 PM   #1
Trenton92
macrumors newbie

Ok, so today while at the store, I dropped my iphone and the back glass shattered. ****. So I look it up and apperently its only like $30 to replace. The thing is that my iphone was jailbroken and I didnt want to take it to the apple store like that. So I plug it up to my computer and hit restore. I was running 4.1 on it but my computer prompted me to update to 4.2, so I did.

The problem comes in, when the damn thing froze at about 2/3 of the way through the loading bar and stuck there for at least 2 hours. I took it out, changed USBs and tried again. No luck. Now all I have is an iphone that is telling me to hook it up to itunes and it wont do anything when I do that.

Please someone help me, my life is on this phone and I can't take it to apple. If you know of anything to help, I'd be soo grateful. Please guys, be pals to me.

I also tried putting it in DFU mode but this didnt seem to do anything special except turn the screen dark.

Last edited by EricNau; Dec 3, 2010 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Merged posts; please no bumping.
Trenton92 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2010, 08:15 PM   #2
lucifiel
macrumors 6502a

Does the phone appear in itunes at all?

And don't bump your own thread. Against forum rules.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 08:18 PM   #3
PsstGreek
macrumors 68040

Have you tried restoring your iPhone on another computer?
Old Dec 3, 2010, 01:30 AM   #4
eastercat
macrumors 68040

FYI: if you bring your phone into the apple store, they won't fix it; they'll tell you to pay for a replacement (likely refurbished) phone.
Your screen is supposed to go black when you put it in DFU. iTunes is supposed to recognize your phone when it's in DFU. It'll say something like phone detected in recovery mode or something similar. However, I own a mac and don't know if it's the same on a windows PC (assuming you own one).
Old Dec 12, 2010, 12:51 PM   #5
ziminimi
macrumors newbie

Resolved?

Hi

I have the same proble, i'm stucked in DFU mode and I can't restore my iphone 4. I even tried pwnage tool and ireb, but nothing.

have you resolvd your problem? if so can you share plase?
ziminimi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2010, 03:58 PM   #6
mikelegacy
macrumors 65816

You can download TinyUmbrella and click "Kick out of Recovery Mode" it should reboot as normal.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 09:26 PM   #7
Jhoo
macrumors newbie

Can't restore to factory settings

Hi all:

Wondering if someone could help me out. I've jailbroken my iPhone 4 using greenpois0n. This was done on firmware 4.2.1. I used TinyUmbrella to save my SHSH. I tried doing a restore to 4.2.1 today and I get about 60% of the way through before it just stops and sits idle. iTunes indicates that the process is nearly through while the status bar on my phone is at about 60%. I've searched plenty of forums and cannot seem to find a fix for this. Is there something I'm missing? Do I need to do something with TinyUmbrella before restoring? Also, I should mention that I edited the hosts file so it should be fine.

I'd like to be able to update to 4.3.1 in order to use redsn0w, though at this point I'd be happy just to get my phone working again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this.
Jhoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting