Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Dec 2, 2010, 09:11 PM   #1
lucaspkm
macrumors member

Printopia

Hi guys,

Wanted to check with you guys will printopia works with xserve OS 10.6.5, I have try open up ports and sharing on the server it seems the same can't print any idea to solve the issue and make it work on servers?
lucaspkm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2010, 10:30 PM   #2
bigbearf
macrumors newbie

Printopia and Mac Mini Server Works

I have a 2009 MMS and Printopia works just fine. It found my wireless HP printer and scanner and works like a charm. Just installed it and enabled the settings under System Preferences.
bigbearf
bigbearf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2010, 12:04 AM   #3
lucaspkm
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbearf View Post
I have a 2009 MMS and Printopia works just fine. It found my wireless HP printer and scanner and works like a charm. Just installed it and enabled the settings under System Preferences.
bigbearf
you mean it work with snow leopard server edition OS
Old Dec 3, 2010, 11:41 AM   #4
etchtech09
macrumors member

I just tried to use Printopia here on my network (running G5 10.5 Server) but I ran into an issue where my wireless network and wired network are on different subnets and bonjour doesn't play nicely over subnets.

I have also had issues with different wireless routers that don't allow bonjour to have communication between wired devices and wireless devices, even on the same subnet.

Either of these two problems could be ailing you, at least worth checking out.
etchtech09 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2010, 01:29 AM   #5
lucaspkm
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etchtech09 View Post
I just tried to use Printopia here on my network (running G5 10.5 Server) but I ran into an issue where my wireless network and wired network are on different subnets and bonjour doesn't play nicely over subnets.

I have also had issues with different wireless routers that don't allow bonjour to have communication between wired devices and wireless devices, even on the same subnet.

Either of these two problems could be ailing you, at least worth checking out.
well i allow all the ports and our subnet is the same wired nor wireless and still unable to print with printopia through the servers, however is able to work with a normal mac system which runs on 10.6.5 with printopia installed. just trying to make the server host that service but no matter how hard i try just can't seem to make it work.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking