Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rwoolsey

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
Indianapolis
The airport on my 13" MBP is acting strange. I'll be surfing the web when all of a sudden the utility appears to lose its signal and I'm knocked offline. I know for a fact that its not my router. My other devices... a 15" MBP, iPhone & AppleTV never drop the signal.

Any ideas or tips? Or maybe it's just a faulty Airport.

Thanks!

EarthDawn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
Long-eye Land, NY
OK well I just finished resetting everything here too.

My girlfriends white macbook would not go online and then a little later my 1 month old 13" Pro got booted as well as both Apple TV's.

It took about a 1/2 hour to get things straight and I still dont know that I really did anything.

I wonder if the last update did something to the airports ?

I use the Airport Extreme.

Anyone else having issues tonight ???

Stvwndr219

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2009
It seems like 10.6.5 seemed to do something to wireless... I haven't had a steady connection for weeks now... not too annoying though because it's a simple on/off of the airport.

rwoolsey

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
Indianapolis
It seems like 10.6.5 seemed to do something to wireless... I haven't had a steady connection for weeks now... not too annoying though because it's a simple on/off of the airport.

A glich in software would make sense. Curious to see what others have to say.

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Dec 10, 2002
OK well I just finished resetting everything here too.

My girlfriends white macbook would not go online and then a little later my 1 month old 13" Pro got booted as well as both Apple TV's.

It took about a 1/2 hour to get things straight and I still dont know that I really did anything.

I wonder if the last update did something to the airports ?

I use the Airport Extreme.

Anyone else having issues tonight ???
Nope, no problems here.

Avicenna

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2009
Same thing happening to me 15in MBP 2009 . Here's the thing: I can stay online for hours on bootcamp on same network and it won't disconnect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.