Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

billyfoil

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Im trying to connect to a wifi network today and it is telling me that safari wont open too many redirects occurred???? I dont get it ! Many people that have laptops had no issue connecting to network :(

Maybe you guys know a way I can get around this? any help would be nice. Also tried to use skyfire and oprea as well still no luck :mad::apple:

Raj24v

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2010
This is so frustrating for me too. One one particular webpage when trying to open my mail, I get the same pop up.

No one seems to knw why or how to solve it!

billyfoil

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I dont put I will get you one tomorrow! BUMP someone must know how to get around this..... Just trying to connect to wifi????

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
After you get this message, go into your WiFi settings and click the "Forget This Network" button. Go back one page, and try to connect again. The next time you open Mobile Safari, it should allow you to connect without a problem. If that doesn't fix it, go to Safari's settings and clear the cache, cookies, and history. I have this problem often connecting to the network at Bruegger's Bagels, and this usually fixes it and allows me to connect.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
Errors as such are usually to do with the website, and its configuration. What website are you trying to access, exact URL/link if possible.

Problem solver

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2010
Safari problem

Well, I have an ipod touch and the message "to many redirects occured" keeps happening when I want to check my mail. I looked on a few sites and followed what they said but didn't help. I desided to find out the problem myself which worked. I basically just cleared history, cache and cookies and I succeded. Now I can check my mail without the annoying message coming up.

I hope it helped everyone

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.