Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Dec 5, 2010, 12:37 PM   #1
Kadin
macrumors 6502a

Skin or soft shell?

I've tried a number of cases and I've decided to keep my iPad as thin as possible. I really don't have a need to have it propped up in any angle... just as close to naked as possible. I also don't travel much at all with it, it's mainly used around the house.

Having said this, would you all recommend a skin like a BSE or an actual soft case shell to simply cover the back? My only concern is not scuffing up the back when I move it around.

I'd love something I can pick up today at either an Apple store or a place like Walmart/Best Buy... Thx!
Kadin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2010, 01:57 PM   #2
Blorzoga
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadin View Post
I've tried a number of cases and I've decided to keep my iPad as thin as possible. I really don't have a need to have it propped up in any angle... just as close to naked as possible. I also don't travel much at all with it, it's mainly used around the house.

Having said this, would you all recommend a skin like a BSE or an actual soft case shell to simply cover the back? My only concern is not scuffing up the back when I move it around.

I'd love something I can pick up today at either an Apple store or a place like Walmart/Best Buy... Thx!
Belkin Grip Vue are the best. Thin, grippy, protective. I saw them at target on clearance for like $15. I paid $40 for mine on launch day. The clear one yellows a bit but they really are nice. My only complaint is that the camera dongle does not fit through the cut ou , so you have to slide the edge off to upload photos. No biggie though.
Blorzoga is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2010, 03:16 PM   #3
Built
macrumors 68020

There are some really great clear TPU cases offered on Amazon.com and on Ebay through various sellers.

I know it is not as convenient as being able to get it at Apple or Best Buy, but the wait is worth it, IMHO.
Built is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2010, 03:32 PM   #4
Kadin
macrumors 6502a

The reason I really want to buy it locally is simply because I know how picky I am and if I don't like something about the case, I really would like to exchange/return it. Working with anyone online in this regard is usually a big pain in the butt...
Kadin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2010, 03:04 PM   #5
Fisher624
macrumors regular

I went from the apple iPad case ("sharp" edges, had to open it), to the grip vue (nice and sticky but a PITA when operating the buttons, and more bulky than I wanted), to a wrapsol skin on the back.

The skin is awesome. It is my first experience with wrapsol, but it was available at walmart, and I had heard good things about it on the iPhone. I love it. Simple to install, no steamy shower or hermetically sealed chamber necessary. The ipad is basically naked, you cannot tell the skin is on; and it gives enough grip to combat the slipperiness of a naked iPad.

Go for a skin.
Fisher624 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories