Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Dec 6, 2010, 05:00 PM   #1
amcoffin
macrumors newbie

New from Incase: Convertible Magazine Jacket -- but does it work with a dock?

Cool new case from Incase, the Convertible Magazine Jacket for iPad:

http://www.goincase.com/products/det...jacket-cl57779

I went and looked at this at my local Apple store, which had several in stock. Really like the minimalist but functional design, and think this has the potential to be a very good case. It's much, much smaller than the Book Jacket--closer in size and feel to the Apple case, but with greater stiffness.

Here's the big question for me, though--will it work with the charging or keyboard docks? I'm using a Speck Candyshell now, and it would be hard to give up the easy access to the dock accessories.

One might quickly assume that the answer is no since there is no flap or cutout, but one of the reviews for this case in the Apple store seems to suggest that the case does work with a dock. Maybe the the back is just thin enough?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H3...co=MTY3ODQ5OTY

(See the very first review, from Nov. 25.)
amcoffin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 11:33 AM   #2
amcoffin
macrumors newbie

I suppose I'm going to have to buy this and try it out myself!
Old Dec 7, 2010, 03:16 PM   #3
Benjamins
macrumors 6502a

I have the case, don't really like it.
The cover is too thin and feels really flimsy. If they can somehow merge the Apple case's cover with this case then it's absolutely perfect.

Also most likely it won't work with the official iPad dock.
Benjamins is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 03:36 PM   #4
amcoffin
macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. I purchased the case this afternoon, and you are correct--the iPad will not dock with the case on.

I do kind of like the case--I've missed having an easy way to prop the iPad up on a tabletop since I sold my Apple case and switched to the Speck. Also like the flap for screen protection.

It's relatively easy to get the iPad in and out of the Incase, so my charging dock and keyboard might still be useful. I'm undecided right now...
Old Dec 9, 2010, 04:34 PM   #5
map1978
macrumors 68020

I'm debating this case but can't seem to find any videos on the case

Love the thinness of the case..all the other folio cases are just too bulky for my taste (Sena folio would be the only one I like).

Anyone have this case that can give any more feedback on there experience?

Thanks in advance for any useful input
map1978 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2010, 08:21 AM   #6
TheCheapGeek
macrumors 6502

I have this case and it is very nice. I am returning it because this type of case isn't for me but it is a very nice upgrade over the Apple case. I will have a video review up on my site tomorrow.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 01:34 PM   #7
TheCheapGeek
macrumors 6502

I just finished my review for this case, if you guys are interested you can check it out here.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 08:48 AM   #8
skinnerband
macrumors newbie

I have this case and love it. Yes, the front cover is a bit thin and floppy due to the folds that allow it to stand up, but the elastic strap holds the cover tight when I need it to and is conveniently out of the way when I don't. It also looks nice, feels good in hand, and most importantly I never have to clean it like the blasted Apple case.
skinnerband is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories