Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 7, 2010, 09:16 AM   #1
mogatx
macrumors newbie

IPhone4 got too cold last night,won't turn on.

Can anyone help? My phone was charging near a window in a my house, it was a cold night last night (30 degrees) and will not turn on this morning.

Any suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated.
d
mogatx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 09:56 AM   #2
Wicker
macrumors regular

Hold the home button and the sleep button together for a few seconds until the Apple logo shows on your screen?

Hopefully that will do the trick, it did for me (but unsure if the cold was the cause for my issue)
Wicker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 10:16 AM   #3
mogatx
macrumors newbie

Hi Wicker, thanks but i've been trying that (in vain!!) and nothing. no heartbeat, lol.

Sigh. it's been "warming" (i have it wrapped in a sweater) for about an hour now.

I know it's my fault, but its just so frustrating!
mogatx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:55 AM   #4
AppleHtr
macrumors newbie

Talking lol

Funny ****, I just read in a newspaper how an iPhone4 user broke his phone by taking it outside on a cold day, It died, R.I.P. The guy goes to the store, and what do they tell him, "sorry iPhones can't handle less then 32 degrees, and thus is not covered by warranty". My nephew's IP3g died too I just found out, he was outside with it in the cold. What a piece of crap phone Sorry, buy a real phone next time, not a fashion statement.

And yes, the warranty will claim it can't be used below 32 degrees. Go Apple!
AppleHtr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:06 PM   #5
gigapocket1
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to gigapocket1 Send a message via Yahoo to gigapocket1
Wow.. that is weird.. Even more weird is that i was outside with my phone hear in memphis for the last 2 hours in 20sum degree weather and i had zero problems... Try taking it out of the sweater and off the charger... for a little bit.. Then continue to hold both buttons...
If that doesnt work.. take it up to the apple store.. DONT tell them you left it near the window.. Just say, u woke up and it was on your nightstand on the charger, but wouldnt turn on..
Old Jan 10, 2011, 01:21 PM   #6
BigDukeSix
macrumors 6502a

So, while I am holding out for a VZ IPhone, I thought I would check out the threads to gain knowledge.

What do y'all mean the IPhone cannot handle temps below freezing???? I live in freaking Montana, where it is below freezing 9 months of the year!
BigDukeSix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 02:40 PM   #7
Abarth1200
macrumors regular

Wow why would you live there, I hope you dont work outside all day like me.

-10 celcius is cold enough for me! An my iphone 4 hasnt skipped a beat
Abarth1200 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting