Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cootersgarage6

Original poster
Nov 6, 2010
I know that apple has a tradition of updating their macs every Jan.. my question is which ones tho? I personally think it will be the Macbook. Seeing as the Air already got it's upgrade that will be the last in about 2 years, the mac mini got upgraded this year, so It wouldn't be in January. The macbook and macbook pro seem like the only computers that are good for an upgrade, they are still using no i processors at the 13 inch...
Also, I highly doubt the Imac will get an upgrade, as in July it made a huge switch to using intel i processors.

P.S. I am getting a upgrade soon, because the only mac I have is the '06 black book, low specs. I am considering the i3 Imac, and then maxing the RAM, I'm also considering the Macbook Pro 13 inch, or the Macbook....What do you think is overall better, and a good use of money? P.S. I'm a teen, so I'm going to get them all referbs... I just want a computer that is going to last a while... That's all.....

And should I just wait in Jan for the uprgades, or pull the trigger now? Are the prices going to lower?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

biggd

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2008
Calgary
Wait for Lion. Lion will bring a physical change to the Mac

Best computer you could buy is an iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.