Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 8, 2010, 03:00 AM   #1
mnacke54
macrumors newbie

iphone wont let me talk or hear callers thinks its using bluetooth, ipod wont work

the phone wont let me talk or hear callers...i try to play a song and it just brings it up than reverts back to song list..i press voicemail and i cant hear anything..i restored the software....whatelse?
mnacke54 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2010, 05:47 AM   #2
MaxBurn
macrumors 65816

Turn off Bluetooth? Reboot the phone? You sure they can't hear you on the other end because I could believe a speaker earpiece failure.
MaxBurn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2010, 11:01 AM   #3
mnacke54
macrumors newbie

no tried that...n no they cant hear me
Old Dec 8, 2010, 11:40 AM   #4
mikelegacy
macrumors 65816

Call apple. That's all you can really do.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 02:53 PM   #5
mnacke54
macrumors newbie

Helpsss

yea but i just bought this off a freind so they are gunna be like go fux yourself
Old Dec 8, 2010, 03:11 PM   #6
res1233
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnacke54 View Post
yea but i just bought this off a freind so they are gunna be like go fux yourself
Is that how you talk? Or are you trolling? Apple never tells people to go **** themselves. Worst case, they wont be able to help, but knowing apple, they'll probably do whatever they can.
res1233 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2010, 03:59 PM   #7
mnacke54
macrumors newbie

well i have called them.they want me to purchase some singe use support thing...i just want someone to tell me they have had this problem before and tell me what they did to fix it......BUMP for Advice on fixin it
Old Dec 8, 2010, 04:12 PM   #8
nparmelee
macrumors 6502

Typical first things to try are:
Turn the phone all the way off and restart it.
Reset Network settings.
If all else fails, restore as new user.

If none of that works, then try to go by an Apple store and see if they can help.
nparmelee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2010, 04:49 PM   #9
mikelegacy
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnacke54 View Post
well i have called them.they want me to purchase some singe use support thing...i just want someone to tell me they have had this problem before and tell me what they did to fix it......BUMP for Advice on fixin it
Apple doesn't give support for free after a certain time period after the purchase of the product, so you are either going to have to purchase the one time support charge, or nothing can be done for you. It's better than having to get a completely new phone, right?

Try holding the home/sleep buttons for 10 seconds, and once the phone begins to restart, let go of the sleep button and that will put the phone into DFU mode. It should have an icon that looks like a usb cord with an iTunes logo above it. You can then reformat your iPhone via iTunes. If that doesn't work, you've got a hardware issue and you're pretty S.O.L.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 05:08 PM   #10
pilot25dmc
macrumors member

If it's a 2G, 3G or 3GS then I can help.

I take it you used the headphones recently?

There is a switch inside the headphone jack that can become stuck, it will make the speaker and microphone on the iPhone stop working as it still thinks the headphones are plugged in, it used to happen now and then on the older models.

To fix it you have to keep plugging and unplugging the headphones into the jack, after a while the speakers will start working again. It may take a while but it will fix your problem.

Start playing a song on the phone and then start plugging and unplugging, the iPhone will pause the music each time so you will have to press play to see I it has worked.

It happened to me the odd time on my 3G, took 10 minute to fix once.
pilot25dmc is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone